Employment Resources, Inc. (ERI) – Madison, WI
Employment Resources, Inc. (ERI), a Madison-based nonprofit agency that advances the employment, health and financial security of people with disabilities, is seeking a highly qualified Senior Financial Manager. The agency has an annual budget around $3 million with 30 staff. ERI requires management of an extensive array of federal, state and county grants, contracts and programs which demands an understanding of and compliance with key requirements, such as: state and federal laws, regulations, contracts, and grant agreements and other fiduciary matters.
The Senior Financial Manager is responsible for planning and managing all financial affairs of ERI under the direction of the Executive Director. This includes managing and overseeing all financial operations including accounting, developing financial reports, implementing policies and procedures, cost allocation, budget, internal auditing and financial record-keeping activities. The Senior Financial Manager also oversees the payroll and benefits administration through an external Human Resources and Payroll agency; oversees the facilities needs of the agency and coordinates business administration functions through various contracts.
ERI is seeking a person with significant experience in managing the finances of a nonprofit agency, preferably within the disability, health, and human services sector.
Please note, ERI requires a cover letter and resume with your application – please include your salary requirements in the cover letter.
Required Skills Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar field;
- Five years in accounting (private or public), finance and reporting, or processing and monitoring financial transactions and budgets, or commensurate applicable education (CPA, MBA);
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations with multiple funding sources;
- Experience with and thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), tax, reporting and compliance requirements;
- Experience with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) requirements;
- Experience in allocating costs, generating reports, tracking budgets, making and posting payments, reconciling bank statements, and similar responsibilities;
- Experience using software such as QuickBooks, Salesforce, Excel, and other comparable systems;
- Ability to plan and coordinate short and long-range projects designed to improve financial and fiscal systems and procedures;
- Meticulous and consistent in matters of confidentiality, accuracy, presentation, and attention to detail;
- Ability to analyze complex and often new information to problem solve and identify effective solutions;
- Ability to prioritize and continually meet numerous deadlines for high-volume tasks;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and businesses, and to adapt communication styles accordingly;
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000 to $70,000 / year
ERI is an equal opportunity employer with talented staff, creative work environment, excellent benefits and generous time off policies. ERI practices and promotes innovative services that advance employment opportunities, support personal choices, and enhance the well-being of individuals with disabilities across Wisconsin.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will remain open until filled.
Download and share this job notice (pdf)