Employment Resources, Inc. (ERI) is a statewide nonprofit agency that advances the employment, health and financial security of people with disabilities.
The Job Coach position assists an employee with disabilities (consumer) in learning the skills needed on-the-job. The goal is to facilitate the consumer’s learning and connections in the workplace and to promote the greatest level of independence and natural supports possible. This will happen at various employment sites in the community. The approach is individualized for each consumer being supported.
Please note, ERI requires a cover letter and resume. The Job Coach must be willing to travel in the Black River Falls area of Wisconsin.
- Consistently model appropriate work skills and hold the consumer to the same expectations.
- Uphold standards of the employer worksite.
- Recognize the strengths and skills of the consumer and strive to find solutions for job areas that may be difficult or challenging for them.
- Ensure safety is maintained in the work environment at all times.
- Specific types of tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Completing initial training as defined by Employment Resources, Inc. (ERI).
- Completing at least one observation session while service is being given at the consumer’s place of employment prior to providing supports on your own.
- Follow through on established procedures and protocols for the consumer.
- Demonstrating competency in completing all required forms, time cards, and reports.
- Consistently receive satisfactory performance evaluations.
- Contact the Employment Specialist with as much notice as possible if ill, or in the event of an emergency.
- Uphold and consistently follow requirements and procedures for the employee’s place of employment.
- Maintain and model positive, professional working relationships with consumers and other agency staff.
- Provide service for consumers that is respectful and supportive.
- Willing and able to work with consumers with various physical needs such as personal care, in a respectful and professional manner when necessary.
- Must be a sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to adults.
- Demonstrated warmth, insight, interest, and respect for persons with disabilities.
- Able and knowledgeable to cope with emergency situations in a calm and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate patience and positive attitudes toward consumers.
- Able and willing to be a team player and to work cooperatively with the Employment Specialist, the Employer, and other partners.
- Excellent communication skills with the consumers, supervisors, and team members.
Education / Experience:
- Minimum 18 years of age and have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must meet and maintain a clear criminal and caregiver background check.
- Possess and maintain a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and have vehicle and driver insurance that meets minimum State of Wisconsin insurance requirements.
The Job Coach may need to work occasional nights and/or weekends and must regularly interact with co-workers and the public. This position is hourly.
ERI is an equal opportunity employer with talented staff.
Please send a cover letter regarding your interest and skills related to this position, and your resume outlining your experience with the above qualifications to: email@example.com. This position will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected. Please apply as soon as possible.
Download and share this job notice (pdf)
Share this Post