Employment Resources, Inc., a Madison-based nonprofit agency that advances the employment, health and financial security of people with disabilities, is seeking an Employment Specialist – Mental Health and Employer Development to work in the Dane County area with people who need support and assistance due to a mental health need.
Please note, ERI requires a cover letter and resume. The Employment Specialist must be willing to travel in Dane County and the surrounding areas.
Currently, ERI team members are working remotely. Applicants will need to have a suitable location to properly complete their work. ERI provides all necessary computer, printer and telephone equipment and other essential work tools.
Provide Employment Counseling Services
- Discuss employment goals with clients, and the services and supports needed to reach these goals.
- Assist with all aspects of job search including resume review, cover letters, disability disclosure, reasonable accommodations, job search strategies, and providing job leads.
- Provide supports and services to assist the client in developing essential employment skills such as timeliness, attendance, attire and grooming, interactions with supervisor and co-workers, and following directions and completing assigned tasks.
- Provide ongoing employment counseling and other supports to help clients maintain, change or advance in their employment.
- Outreach and engage with potential employers to create employment opportunities and increase an understanding of the benefit to their business and workforce needs.
- Attend team meetings to discuss clients’ progress and identify solutions.
- Attend trainings and outreach events.
- Document client and collateral contacts on a timely basis.
- Other program administration, as requested.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor or management.
- Adhere to all confidentiality, security and privacy protocols to ensure reasonable efforts to prevent loss, theft, or unintended disclosure of personal health information or other confidential or sensitive information.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work, human services, vocational rehabilitation, special education, or related field;
- Two years of experience providing employment counseling and/or job search services, preferred;
- Must have a minimum of 6 months experience providing psycho-social rehabilitation services to people with mental health or substance abuse disorders;
- Preference may be given to individuals who are currently certified as a provider through the Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) program; or a candidate must be able to obtain certification within 3 months of employment;
- Demonstrated computer and software skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, as well as Zoom or other remote technologies;
- Understand and apply confidentiality and privacy practices as they relate to HIPAA;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client, staff and agency information;
- Ability to understand and empathize with the clients’ situations and the complexity of these programs for the clients;
- Ability to communicate effectively with businesses and employers to create professional relationships and job opportunities;
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills;
- Strong service coordination skills;
- Ability to work independently with very little supervision;
- Ability to team with co-workers and community partners;
- Ability to prioritize and continually meet numerous deadlines for high-volume tasks and maintain documentation;
- Ability to change and adapt strategies to address problems that may arise in a calm and collected way;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and businesses, and to change communication styles accordingly;
- Ability to hold oneself and others accountable for one’s actions;
- Ability to pass and maintain clearance related to criminal, caregiver and sex offender background check requirements; and
- Ability to travel within the greater Dane County area; must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and proof of personal auto liability insurance meeting Wisconsin’s minimum requirements.
Job Type: Full-time with benefits
ERI is an equal opportunity employer with talented staff, a creative and flexible work environment. ERI practices and promotes innovative services that advance employment opportunities, support personal choices, and enhance the well-being of individuals with disabilities across Wisconsin.
Please respond by providing a cover letter regarding your interest and skills related to this position and your resume outlining your experience with the above qualifications to email@example.com. Applicants without a cover letter will not be considered. Please apply as soon as possible and no later than February 26, 2021.
Download and share this job notice (pdf)
Share this Post