Employment Resources, Inc., a Madison-based nonprofit agency that advances the employment, health and financial security of people with disabilities, is seeking an Employment Specialist to work in the Milwaukee County area with people who need support and assistance to seek employment due to a mental health need, as well as physical or developmental disabilities.
Please note, ERI requires a cover letter and resume. The Employment Specialist must be willing to travel in Milwaukee County and the surrounding areas.
To learn more about ERI, visit our website: eri-wi.org
Provide Employment Counseling Services
- Discuss employment goals with clients, and the services and supports needed to reach these goals.
- Assist with all aspects of job search including resume review, cover letters, disability disclosure, job search strategies, and providing job leads.
- Provide supports and services to assist the client in developing essential employment skills such as timeliness, attendance, attire and grooming, interactions with supervisor and co-workers, and following directions and completing assigned tasks.
- Provide Employment counseling and coordinate with treatment teams or long-term care agencies to ensure effective transitions to community integrated employment.
- Provide ongoing employment counseling and other supports to help clients maintain, change or advance in their employment.
- Outreach to potential employers and work collaboratively for client success.
- Engage in discussions on disability-related issues such as a disability disclosure and reasonable accommodations.
- Attend team meetings to discuss clients’ progress and identify solutions.
- Attend trainings and outreach events.
- Document client and collateral contacts, and other program administration, as requested.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor or management.
- Adhere to all confidentiality, security and privacy protocols to ensure reasonable efforts to prevent loss, theft, or unintended disclosure of personal health information or other confidential or sensitive information.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work, human services, vocational rehabilitation, special education, or related field;
- Two years of experience providing employment counseling and/or job search services, preferred;
- Demonstrated computer and software skills required; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Understand and apply confidentiality and privacy practices as they relate to HIPAA;
- Ability to understand and empathize with the clients’ situations and the complexity of these programs for the clients;
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills;
- Strong service coordination skills;
- Ability to work independently with very little supervision;
- Ability to team with co-workers and community partners;
- Ability to prioritize and continually meet numerous deadlines for high-volume tasks;
- Ability to change and adapt strategies to meet deadlines and address problems that may arise in a calm and collected way;
- Ability to efficiently and creatively approach and work through problems;
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and businesses, and to change communication styles accordingly;
- Ability to hold oneself and others accountable for one’s actions;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of both client and staff information;
- Ability to pass and maintain clearance related to criminal, caregiver and sex offender background check requirements; and
- Ability to travel within the greater Milwaukee County area; must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and proof of personal auto liability insurance meeting Wisconsin’s minimum requirements.
Job Type: 75% to Full-time possibility with benefits
ERI is an equal opportunity employer with talented staff, a creative and flexible work environment, excellent benefits and generous time off policies. ERI practices and promotes innovative services that advance employment opportunities, support personal choices, and enhance the well-being of individuals with disabilities across Wisconsin.
Please respond by providing a cover letter regarding your interest and skills related to this position and your resume outlining your experience with the above qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The search is open until filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by May 15, 2020.
Download and share this job notice (pdf)
Share this Post