Employment Resources, Inc., a Wisconsin nonprofit, seeks a part-time person to provide employment services to people with disabilities. The person in this position will be working with adults, youth, and families in the western Wisconsin area.
Please note, ERI requires a cover letter and resume with your application – please include your salary requirements in the cover letter. The Employment Specialist must be willing to travel in Northern and Western Counties including Ashland, Price, Sawyer, Rusk, Taylor, Clark, Marathon, Wood, and the surrounding areas.
To learn more about ERI, visit our website: eri-wi.org
This could be the right opportunity for you if:
- You are comfortable connecting with employers, community partners, people with disabilities (including youth) as well as their families;
- You are eager to learn new approaches and ways of helping people to understand how their strengths translate into meaningful employment; and
- You believe everyone can work and be included in their community.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in human services, education, business, paralegal or allied health field, or equivalent training and experience required.
- We are looking for someone with strong communication and interpersonal skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to learn very specific information and requirements.
- Must work well independently and as part of a team with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while remaining flexible.
- The ability to relate, communicate and engage diverse populations is important.
- You must have the ability to develop your knowledge, skill, and abilities related to Customized Job Development, Customized Employment Components, Business and Employment Practices, and Business Networking.
This is a home-based position with extensive travel throughout the area for client and other meetings. Travel to ERI’s main office in Madison will be required several times per year. You must: possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and proof of personal auto liability insurance meeting Wisconsin’s minimum requirement; be able to pass and maintain clearance related to criminal, caregiver and sex offender background check requirements; and be capable using a computer and business software.
Job Type: Part-time at 50%, with an opportunity to grow to 100%. Benefits are provided once a person works 75% or more.
ERI is an equal opportunity employer with talented staff, a creative and flexible work environment. ERI practices and promotes innovative services that advance employment opportunities, support personal choices, and enhance the well-being of individuals with disabilities across Wisconsin.
Please respond by providing a cover letter regarding your interest and skills related to this position and your resume outlining your experience with the above qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The search is open until filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by March 3, 2020.
Download and share this job notice (pdf)
Share this Post