Employment Resources, Inc. (ERI) is a statewide nonprofit agency that advances the employment, health and financial security of people with disabilities. ERI seeks a full-time person to provide benefits counseling and information and support to people with disabilities. This role is in place to help individuals navigate the various benefits programs like Social Security, FoodShare, Medicare and Medicaid, while also navigating employment and budgeting. The person in this position will be working with adults, youth, and their families.
Please note, ERI requires a cover letter and resume. The Benefits Specialist must be willing to travel within Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Burnett, Chippewa, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Polk, Rusk, St. Croix, and Washburn counties.
To learn more about ERI, visit our website: eri-wi.org
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in human services, education, accounting, paralegal or allied health field or equivalent training and experience is required.
- We are looking for someone with strong communication and interpersonal skills, high attention to detail, an aptitude for math, and the ability to learn highly specific information.
- Must work well independently and as part of a team with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines while remaining flexible.
- The ability to relate, communicate and engage diverse populations is important.
- Research, computer, and internet experience necessary. ERI will provide the technical benefit training necessary for this work.
- This is a home-based position and includes significant travel within the defined service delivery area which includes Ashland, Barron, Bayfield, Burnett, Chippewa, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Polk, Rusk, St. Croix, and Washburn counties.
- You must possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license, proof of personal auto liability insurance, and a reliable vehicle.
- You must also be able to pass and maintain clearance related to criminal, caregiver, and sex offender background check requirements, as well as a federal suitability determination.
- You must be capable of using a computer and business software.
Job Type: Full-time
ERI is an equal opportunity employer with talented staff, a creative and flexible work environment, excellent benefits and generous time off policies. ERI practices and promotes innovative services that advance employment opportunities, support personal choices, and enhance the well-being of individuals with disabilities across Wisconsin.
Please respond by providing a cover letter regarding your interest and skills related to this position and your resume outlining your experience with the above qualifications, along with your salary expectations by July 15, 2020, to email@example.com.
Download and share this job notice (pdf)
Share this Post